Ted Pappas Lic. Ac., operates the Acupuncture Center of Andover out of his home office in Andover, MA, serving the Merrimack Valley & Greater Boston areas. He has practiced in this location since 1990.
Ted is a licensed Acupuncturist & Herbalist trained in the Chinese, Japanese, and Daoist Medical Arts, specializing in all 8 branches of the Daoist Medical Arts. His treatment utilizes herbal medicine alongside TuiNa massage, Gwa Sha, Qi Gong, cupping, moxibustion, electroacupuncture & magnet therapy.
Education & Service
- ☷ B.A., Classics
- ☳ Academic All-American, Football
- ☰ B.A., M.A., Theology
- ☴ Basketball & Crew – St. Edmund’s House
- ☲ Acupuncturist / Herbalist Treatment of HIV-AIDS Patients
- ☷ MA State License No. 294
Serving Essex, Middlesex, Suffolk County
(Merrimack Valley & Greater Boston area)
North Reading, MA
The East Asian Medical Arts combine nearly 7,000 years of knowledge & tradition that has provided effective treatment for a wide range of acute and chronic conditions.
Common ailments regularly treated include (but not limited to):
- ✓ Acute & Chronic Pain
- ✓ Sports Injuries
- ✓ Respiratory Ailments
- ✓ Gastrointestinal Disorders
- ✓ Circulatory Problems
- ✓ Emotional Imbalances
- ✓ Addictive Disorders (overeating, smoking, etc.)
- ⚚ Cupping
- ⚚ Electro-Acupuncture
- ⚚ Gwa Sha
- ⚚ Heat
- ⚚ Moxibustion
- ⚚ Qi Gong
- ⚚ Tuina
- ⚚ Magnet Therapy
- ⚚ Non-Insertion Acupuncture
Though the general practice of health & well-being throughout all facets of life is both encouraged & recommended, it should be noted that alternative treatment can be complementary to overall general wellness.
The Following Specialty Treatments Are Utilized
- ⚚ Auricular Acupuncture
- ⚚ Japanese Acupuncture
- ⚚ Korean Acupuncture
- ⚚ Traditional Chinese Acupuncture
- ⚚ Trigger Point Acupuncture
- ⚚ Daoist Medical Arts
Acupuncture can have powerfully amazing results that effectively treat the following commonly experienced health conditions:
- ✓ Allergies
- ✓ Addiction
- ✓ Arthritis
- ✓ Asthma
- ✓ Back / Disc Problems
- ✓ Blood Pressure
- ✓ Cancer / Oncology
- ✓ Cholesterol
- ✓ Colds, Cough & Flu
- ✓ Depression / Anxiety
- ✓ Diet and Nutrition
- ✓ Digestion or Intestine
- ✓ Eating Disorders
- ✓ Emotional Well-Being
- ✓ Eyes
- ✓ Feet
- ✓ Headache / Migraine
- ✓ Hearing / Speech
- ✓ Heart
- ✓ Muscle Aches, Sprains, Strains
- ✓ Orthopedics
- ✓ Soft Tissue Ailments
- ✓ Pain Management
- ✓ Pediatric Issues
- ✓ Pregnancy
- ✓ Sexual Dysfunction
- ✓ Skin Problems / Dermatology
- ✓ Sleep / Insomnia
- ✓ Spinal Problems
- ✓ Sports Medicine
- ✓ Stress
- ✓ Urology
- ✓ Weight Management
- ✓ Women’s Health & ObGyn
(pricing effective Jan. 1, 2018)
|Initial Consult Fee & Treatment:||$150|
|Cost (per treatment):||$110|
|FT Students, Seniors [65+] & Veterans (per treatment):||$70|
|Accepts Credit Cards:||Yes|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q): Do you accept Health Insurance?
Q): What can Acupuncture treat?
Q): Is there more to Chinese Medicine than Acupuncture?
Q): Is Acupuncture painful?
Q): What can you do for someone who hates needles?
Health Plans Covering Acupuncture Services
The number of Health Insurance Providers offering Acupuncture Services coverage is increasing. You may have coverage and simply need to follow certain *procedures to gain access to your provider’s coverage. Here are a few known providers:
IMPORTANT: It is your responsibility to check with your health insurance provider to find out whether or not your policy covers Acupuncture Services before your first visit.
*Procedure For Inquiring About Acupuncture Coverage with Your Health Insurance Provider:
To find out if you’re covered, call your insurance provider and ask the following IMPORTANT QUESTIONS:
Call the member services number on the back of your Health Insurance card and ask if Acupuncture Services are covered.
- ▶ Ask if there are diagnostic code restrictions to coverage
If covered, is it: in-network? out-of-network? is there a co-pay? a deductible? a limit to the number of visits?
- ▶ If they tell you my office is out-of-network, you may have recourse to make it ‘in-network’ (less copay/deductible).
- ▶ Tell them you wish to receive a gap exception to see Ted Pappas at ‘in-network’ rates. This is because there are no network providers within a ‘reasonable’ distance. They will usually prepare a form to set things up accordingly. This form should be mailed to you and to my office as well.
If Your Health Insurance DOES NOT COVER Acupuncture Services
You’ll Receive a Courtesy Discount on Regular Treatment Fees
|Initial Consult Fee & Treatment:||(Reg $150)||$120|
|Cost (per treatment):||(Reg $110)||$85|
If You DO NOT HAVE Health Insurance
The Following Fees & Policies Apply
|Initial Consult Fee & Treatment:||$120|
|Cost (per treatment):||$85|
|FT Students & Seniors [65+] (per treatment):||$70|
|Accepts Credit Cards:||Yes|
Required Forms For Treatment
 Required Forms for Your 1st Appointment
You may complete prior to your 1st appointment
Tel: (978) 685-3210 [directions]
*by appointment only
Map | Directions
Minutes Off 93N/S Exit 45
- ■ Drive 1.2 mi west on River Rd
- ■ Turn right onto Launching Rd at the bottom of the hill
- ■ Take 1st left onto Apollo Cir
- ■ 6 Apollo Cir is @ 10 o’clock (left) when approaching the cul-de-sac